Want to help shape the future of Clinical Biochemistry training in Canada?
The CACB Training Program Accreditation Committee is looking for 3 to 4 interested volunteers to serve on a Syllabus Subcommittee that is being formed to modernize the CACB Training Syllabus.
• Eligibility: CACB Fellow
• Term: Approximately 1 year
• Commitment: Monthly meetings and assignments
• Deliverable: Updated CACB Training Syllabus
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Chair (TBD):
• Review current syllabus for format and relevant content.
• Consult syllabuses in Clinical Biochemistry from other academic bodies (American Academy of Clinical Chemistry, International Federation of Clinical Chemistry, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada).
• Gather feedback from faculty from training programs (via directors) and CACB fellows.
• Revise syllabus according to assigned sections and present work at meetings for discussion.
• Revisions should be based on current state of practice but also future state of practice should be considered for inclusion to facilitate the evolution of training.
Interested individuals are asked to email Benjamin.Jung@SickKids.ca by November 6. Please include a short description about yourself, including where you trained and your work experience.