IMPORTANT REMINDERS RE PD PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
1. Annual Conference Credits Submission – Within 60 Days Following the End of the Conference.
2. Annual PD Credit Claim Submission Deadline –December 31st
3. Late Submission Requirements and Associated Fees
a. Late submissions beyond the new deadline of December 31st are permitted but no later than 60 days after deadline (i.e after February 28th of the following year).
b. Late submissions are subject to late fees as follows:
• CAD $50 for submissions within the first 30 days (submissions between January 1st and January 31st)
• CAD $100 for submissions 30 days beyond deadline (submissions between February 1st and February 28th)
Members making late submissions should notify CSCC Head Office. You will be asked to name a 4-hour period of time on a specific date and the portal will be opened for your submission.
4. PD Certificate Will be Issued Annually –Effective January 2020 for the 2019 PD credit year
5. Changes to the Annual PD Requirements - Effective January 2020 for the 2019 PD credit year.
• Minimum of 25 Credit Hours/Year of which there must be:
o 15 credit hours in Category 1
o 10 credit hours in any two categories from Category 2 to Category 8
Physicians who have a certificate of credits from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and use it in the CACB PD program will not be affected. A Category 9 submission is equivalent to 50 credits (fixed). Only one submission may be made each year.